Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Why blog?

Hey there again! Happy September everyone! I seem to have a few months old photos from the Lake District that turned out okay when for some reason in my mind I thought I already posted any of the decent looking ones of Instagram!! Enjoy my thoughts!

The Lake District is a place that I find to be very inspiring. Every year we stroll around, seeing the sights, reading on the occasion and I always return full of ideas (whether they get used is another story). This year was no different having scrolled down any random detail into my notebook yet I never really made any blog posts and explored the new topics that I wanted to explore. Which remembering has made me realise I've done that with a lot of (unpublished) blog posts recently.
top - Call of the Wild, jeans -Topshop, boots - Dr Marten

Originally, this blog was created as a place to share anything I wished to share. It seemed necessary to have a place where my quiet and slightly awkward self could be its quiet and slightly awkward self.

However, that was over a year ago and I know to you eels out there that can live over 150 years old this may seem a touch silly (you know, almost as silly as acting as if eels would read my blog) but quite a bit has changed since then. I just don’t have as much interest having images of my daily outfits being posted or typing up the tedious things I did that day (not that I have anything against anyone doing this, seriously I did do it for over a year so it must have some positives). Now I've just been putting off posting here as it’s just not a place I connect with anymore, or I've been doing the odd post and then going back to procrastinating with something else.


To stop myself wasting a half- decent blog I’m going to change it up around here, this may mean my posts may be heavier in text than photo-ridden so consider yourselves warned. Hopefully this space won’t turn into a complete snooze-fest as I'm only going to be posting things I feel worth posting (which will still include posts about fashion of course).


I don’t want to seem as if I’m downplaying having a blog though! Personally I think everyone should have their own blog whether it’s on here or even tumblr, either way by having one you can make connections with so many people that you didn't know existed. There’s so many different uses for blogs and they’re so easy to make and accessible to most as well as less annoying than a Facebook profile page. 
jumper - Edinburgh Woollen Mill, necklace - charity shops

Returning back to the creative positivity that the Lake District creates, there should be more posts on here soon! X

2 comments:

  1. Go for it, do what you want! I love your text heavy posts, they're very insightful. If that's the right word? I don't know, you seem wise. Also, I love the jumper you're wearing in your last picture :)x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know why but I always feel the need to justify the way I blog for some reason. And thank you!! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always reply and I love to read your comments! have a nice day :)