Saturday, 19 September 2015

Mom Jeans and Celebrities

Hello guys! So over the past two years I've completely lost any love for jeans that I used to own...well until mom jeans came back into fashion. Skinny jeans, at least for me, seem to have this talent of making their way into every outfit even though they aren't necessarily that comfy at all. Eventually I came to the conclusion that skirts are a lot easier to deal with and found myself going on online shopping sprees for skirts. 

However, then mom jeans came back into fashion and I ended up going back on my word and buying a pair from Topshop anyway (to be fair, they are a lot comfier). So I thought I should post a few outfits as they haven't yet graced this blog;
 Here I paired them with a crop top from a charity shop (originally from Topshop) with an unbuttoned vintage blouse (also bought from a charity shop. I also paired this with my blue jelly shoes from Primark.
 This is a look slightly inspired by Madonna in the 1980's with her corset like tops matched with chunky jewellery (however I do say this very loosely). I wore the jeans with a polka dot strapped top (and yes I do realise that this is too small for me, don't worry I'm donating it asap) over a black top with lace detail.

On the note of Madonna, I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a celebrity nowadays. When you find yourself known to media, every detail they can find out about you is under scrutiny. Often you can't relate these images to the person actually in them: when they are dealing with mental health problems, only their point of breakdowns are are reported so they can be portrayed as crazy; if they normally treat people well, newspapers will replay a video of them being rude to someone to convey them as mean. It's so important to remember that unless you know these people, you should not assume you do.

If you disagree with me or just wish to say anything feel free to comment below! See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Nice outfits :) greetings :) lovely pictures ♥

    http://missstyle21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look nice on you! I'm not sure when I last wore jeans, I lost my love for them a few years ago :/

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's really easy fall out of love with jeans! And thank you x

      Delete
  3. I love mom jeans, definitely confier than most skinny jeans, but I usually only buy the really stretchy ones anyway! I agree with you about the whole media an celebrity thing, you can never believe what they say, they will exaggerate the truth so much to try and get the readers interest!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm maybe I should get some stretchy skinny jeans myself! Yeah, it's funny that by exaggerating they just tend to cause controversy for the celebrity rather than gain interest for the actual magazine!x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always reply and I love to read your comments! have a nice day :)